To all you renters out there, this one is for you. What is an end of tenancy clean?
First, let’s think back to when you first moved into your rental property, and you handed over that deposit; safe in the knowledge that you would take great care of the house or flat and would therefore be sure to get your deposit back. Fast forward a few months or years to where you are now and looking around you realise that the property could do with deep cleaning if you want to see that deposit again.
Well, that is what an end of tenancy clean is, on its most basic level.
There are other scenarios where an end of tenancy clean may be required – for example, Landlord’s sometimes engage our services where they have been left with an apartment or house which needs cleaning even after the tenant leaves the property.
The point is, the end of tenancy clean or move out cleaning is designed to clean the property to its former glory, putting it in good stead to be rented out again to a new family or tenant.
What is included in an end of tenancy clean?
As with so many other services, an end of tenancy clean will differ depending on the company you move forward with, and the kind of package you request. For the most part, an end of tenancy clean will include the following areas, though in most cases you can request additional areas of focus for an extra fee.
- Removal of all debris, dust, and cobwebs from the corners of the room, the ceilings, the walls and around the door and window frames.
- A thorough clean of all door handles, door frames and doors.
- Disinfect all light switches, sockets, light fitting, and light shades.
- A thorough clean of all skirting boards, including those situated behind furniture.
- A thorough clean of all window handles, window frames and windows clean.
- A wipe down and polish of all furniture, including soft vacuuming furnishings.
- A deep kitchen clean, including all white goods and appliances and focussing on the inside and outside of fridges, freezers, ovens, and microwaves.
- Clean the washing machine, dishwasher, and tumble dryer.
- A deep bathroom clean, to include descaling and polishing all wall tiles, the shower and bath basin, taps and fittings, and the toilet.
- Deep carpet vacuuming and carpet cleaning.
As you can tell from the list, the primary goal of an end of tenancy clean is to end up with a property which is hygienic to live in, aesthetically clean and pleasing to look at, and ready to be showcased and moved into again right away.
Here at Stardust Cleaning, we are also happy to provide a full quote for an exterior clean of the house as well as the interior; to include all patio and concrete surfaces, exterior walls, gutters, fascia’s and soffits, exterior windows, and doors.
How much does an end of tenancy clean cost, and why should I hire a professional cleaning company?
Again, as with most of our other services, there are a number of factors which can impact the cost of an end of tenancy clean – including the size of the property and the scale of the mess that has to be cleaned.
If you are looking for professional end of tenancy cleaning services on a studio flat then the job can likely be done by one cleaner in a short time span – however, for a larger home, the job may require a team of cleaners and a longer cleaning time.
For a quick turnaround, for example, if you need your clean done within 24 hours, then expect the fee to be higher – likewise, if you need the clean performed over a weekend or on a Bank Holiday, the cost will be elevated.
When it comes to achieving the perfect finish, which will help you get back your deposit or rent the property out quickly, there is no better action than to hire in a professional cleaning company.
Armed with a tenancy cleaning checklist, the proper tools and equipment to get the job done efficiently and effectively, a cleaning team can help save you time and money while also presenting the house or flat in its best condition through a completely stress-free process.
For more information on how we can help you with your next end of tenancy clean, or to receive a free quote for our services, get in touch with the team today.