A driveway cleaned every 6 months. Frequent pressure washing helps to prevent dirt and grime from settling into cracks. Consider a Spring and Autumn spruce up to get rid of the build-up of dirt, grime, mold and algae. Pressure washing also removes licen (white spots and black spots).
So is driveway pressure washing an essential professional cleaning service? Yes because it helps to improve the curb appeal of your home or business.
The location of your house might also be a deciding factor in how often you need to hire a professional jet washing company. For instance, if your house is near a busy main road then more muck and dirt might be chucked up from the road, meaning your driveway might need to be cleaned more often.
Also, it depends who you hire to clean your driveway and the methods they use. Not all cleaning companies provide the high quality and professional company that Stardust Cleaning do. We’re completely transparent about our process and know that the cleaning service we provide ensures your driveway is thoroughly cleaned. Here’s our 5 step process below:
Step 1 – Kill weeds if weeds are present (weed killer is applied, this is commercial strength so WILL kill the weeds).
Step 2 – Wait a week and a half to 2 weeks for the weeds the die.
Step 3 – Pressure wash it.
Step 4 – If dealing with block paving – a centimetre of sand will be blown out so replace the sand with kiln dried sand (this MUST be done on a dry day.
Step 5 – Use yard broom to sweep sand back in-between blocks.
Not if you hire a cleaning company and they skip step 1 (killing the weeds) the job will not have been completed correctly. The root of the weeds needs to be eliminated.
Still not sure when it’s time to have your driveway cleaned?
- If your house is near lots of trees – look for sap build-up.
- After a period of rain – you may need pressure washing. Rain contains dirt of washes dirt from other areas.
- Hot and humid weather can help the growth of mold and mildew, so look out for this.
- As mentions earlier in this blog post, living near a busy road can mean your driveway gets dirtier sooner, so look out for dirt.
- Basically extreme weather conditions will likely mean that pressure washing is needed more frequently.